Not sure if you are eligible for BrookLynk? No problem, check the info below to know if you are.
Are you between the ages of 14-21?
To apply for BrookLynk and attend Get Ready! training, you must be 14-21 years old by June 1, 2019.
To be eligible for a paid summer internship, you must be between the ages of 16-21 years old by June 1, 2019.
Do you live in or attend a school located in Brooklyn Center or Brooklyn Park?
To be eligible for BrookLynk, you must live in either the City of Brooklyn Center or the City of Brooklyn Park.
Or, you must attend a school located in either Brooklyn Center or Brooklyn Park. The following schools are located in the Brooklyns:
- Brooklyn Center High School
- Brooklyn Center Academy
- Champlin Park High School
- Gateway to College - Brooklyn Park Hennepin Technical College campus
- Osseo Area Learning Center
- Park Center High School
- Sage Academy
Do you face some barrier to employment?
To be eligible for BrookLynk, you must face some barrier to employment. At least one of the barriers to employment listed below must apply to you, in order for you to be eligible.
- I am eligible for free or reduced lunch at school.
- I have an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or have a physical, mental, learning, emotional, or behavioral disability.
- I am pregnant, an expecting father, or a parent.
- I am/will be the first person in my immediate family to receive a high school diploma.
- I am/will be the first person in my immediate family to attend college.
- I and/or my parents immigrate to the U.S.
- I am currently taking English Language Learner (ELL) classes.
- I have experienced homelessness or stayed in temporary housing in the last 6 months.
- I have received or am currently receiving foster care services.
- I have been involved with the juvenile justice system.
- I dropped out of high school before receiving a diploma or GED, or am attending an alternative learning center.
To be eligible for BrookLynk, you may not currently be enrolled at a two-year or four-year college or university, unless you are enrolled through one of the following programs:
- PSEO (Post-Secondary Enrollment Options)
- Gateway to College at Hennepin Technical College
- D3 (Destination: Diploma to Degree) at Minneapolis Community and Technical College